First Time Passport Instructions

Planning a honeymoon abroad requires a passport. If you don’t already have one, be prepared to deal with some lengthy deadlines. Apply for a passport at least 10 weeks prior to your trip for routine service and 4 weeks for expedited service.

Collect and complete the US Passport application materials, have proof of U.S. citizenship (birth certificate, proof of identity (driver’s license), two approved passport style photographs, and be prepared to pay fees and payments. Write one check payable to US Department of State and a second check to the Post Master. | p. 815-739-9937 | f. 815-754-5261